January 18, 2012

These NYX Retractable Eyeliners Rock My Socks!


I'm going to be honest with you... I haven't had a great track record with pencil eyeliner.

Because my eyes are every-so-slightly hooded, they generally tend to migrate south. I did have the option of not applying the eyeliner right to the lashes; although that left a thin line of flesh showing, which only looks marginally better than the whole Raccoon Eyes look. Because of this, I like to stick to liquid or cream eyeliners. Even then, I still need to use a primer to help it stay put.

So imagine my complete and utter surprise when I discovered that the NYX Retractable Eye Liner's did just that, without the aid of primer!


Left to Right:
Golden Olive, Black, Gypsy Blue, Purple, Turquoise Blue & Bronze


I was originally drawn to these eyeliners because a) the shades were so lovely, b) they were quite pigmented, and c) they were cheap; each pencil retails for $6.99 CAD. But deep down inside, I wasn't really expecting much from them; I've been let down a lot before, you see...

But boy, was I ever wrong! These babies actually stick around for a full work day! Colour me surprised! That said, I find that I get a small bit of product under the eyes if I'm particularly active throughout the day, but it's not very noticeable. But overall, I'm so impressed with the staying power.



My favourite shades are definitely Golden Olive and Bronze. Both shades are so gorgeous and they look beautiful together! Lately, I've taken to wearing Bronze on the upper lash line (a softer alternative to the traditional black) and Golden Olive for a pop of colour on the lower lash line. 

The blue's are just as lovely and are so vibrant! Purple doesn't apply quite as vibrantly as the rest, so I find that I have to layer it on more to get the desired look. Black is... Well, black. It's not as jet black as a liquid liner or my Urban Decay Glide-On Pencil in Zero, but it's definitely black enough for me.

But if I would have to make any recommendations, definitely pick up Golden Olive and Bronze. They are beyond lovely!




What's your favourite pencil liner?




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails