November 9, 2011

Get A Pretty Flush With NYX Cosmetics' Rouge Cream Blush In Natural




I never used to like cream blushes, mostly because I could never apply it properly with my fingers. I still have trouble, if I'm honest; but I've recently added another cream blush to my burgeoning collection: NYX's Cream Blush in Natural. That brings my collection to a whopping 3! I'm out of control, guys...

So the first part of this post was written back in the Summer. I thought that in order to give it a more thorough review, I should also test it out in the Fall when the temperature drops; it might give you guys a better idea of how this product works in the heat and in the cold. 




From NYX Cosmetics: More delicious than peaches and cream? We like to think so. Our velvety smooth mineral Rouge Cream Blush offers a sheer wash of radiant color. The glorious payoff is dewy, sultry and long-lasting. Available in 12 shades.

I really love the dewy finish it gives, it looks so pretty on the skin. Although, unlike the Joe Fresh cream blushes, these remain tacky. So while the weather is still quite warm and my skin somewhat oily, I make sure to only wear this blush when I don't have to be out for very long or on those odd Vancouver days when the temperature drops. 



That said, I find that even though my face has gotten oily, the blush stays put. I'm wearing it as I'm writing these very words, 6 hours after I first applied it and it's still with me. Might I add that it was quite hot today with a high of about 25°C (yes, that's hot to me) and it somehow didn't melt right off my face?

After 6 hours, I blotted my face and it didn't come off. Two hours after blotting and the blush is definitely not as vibrant but it's still there; so I'm seriously quite impressed with the wear time. It's not super long lasting and I'll probably have to touch up if I happened to spend a lot of time running around from place to place, enduring the combination of heat/sweat/oiliness (how lovely)... But 8 hours is still pretty darn cool.



Fast forward to today, November 8th and I still love the product & love the shade. Now that the weather is much cooler, I find that the product settles onto the skin much better and has a drier finish. That said, it still gives a nice, dewy flush. Obviously, the wear time is a bit extended as well because there's no heat t melt it off my face :p.

I currently use Sigma's F15 brush, but I find that it's much too big and I don't enjoy how it feels on the skin when applying blush. If anybody has any recommendations for brushes that would apply cream blushes beautifully, please hit me up in the comments section!

NYX Cosmetics' Rouge Cream Blush retails for $9.99 CAD and are available at PriceSmart, Save-On Foods, and the freestanding NYX Cosmetics store in Surrey's Central City mall.





What are your favourite cream blushes?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails