October 12, 2011

About Face: Runway Edition - Jil Sander



I love this Jil Sander look (from the Fall 2011 RTW show) because of its simplicity.

And yet, even in its simplicity, it's emphatically not boring. The jade eyeliner and the bright red lips make a subtle, but striking combination. Here's my take on this look created by makeup artist and global Creative Director for Chanel makeup, Peter Philips.



Products Used:
Revlon PhotoReady Foundation - 005 Natural Beige
Revlon PhotoReady Concealer - 003 Light Medium
NYX Cosmetics Rouge Cream Blush - Natural
Urban Decay Naked Palette - Buck
Cargo Cosmetics Swimmables Waterproof Eye Pencil - Teal
Wet N Wild Color Icon Palette - Pride (metallic green)
 L'oréal Voluminous Mascara - Carbon Black
Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick - Fire & Ice



In order to get a shade as close to the original as possible, I simply layered a Wet N Wild eyeshadow from the Pride Color Icon Palette on top of a Cargo Cosmetics Swimmables Eye Pencil in Teal. I winged out the eyeliner as much as I could with the pencil and fixed it up so the tip was more pointed with an angled eyeliner brush. I then applied a few coats of L'oréal Voluminous mascara.


I wanted to try something a teeny bit different with my lips. Firstly, I outlined my lips with Revlon's Fire & Ice lipstick and a lip brush. I wanted to really exaggerate the bow of my lips so I dipped the center line down more than I normally would. I also wanted to make my lower lip look less full by outlining it before my natural lip line. Unfortunately, this didn't work out so well because my natural lip line is quite pigmented. 


As I've mentioned before, I don't have the kind of face that can go without any cheek colour, so even though I didn't see any blush on the model's cheeks, I still added cream blush (NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Natural) to give my face a bit of shape. 








Hope you like! :)





* This is a pre-written post queued up for today, as I am currently on a month-long trip. Please do still leave a comment, I will be checking in once in a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails