October 19, 2011

About Face - Intense Eyeliner Look

(someone forgot to comb their eyebrows >.<)


I was inspired to recreate this look after seeing Michelle Phan's "Fun Eyeliner Looks" video on YouTube. I loved the intensity, so I whipped out the eyeliners and got to it. If you'd like to know how to create this look, then go ahead and take a look at Michelle's video (this part starts at 2:05) because for some reason, I decided to do it the hard way (i.e. using liquid liner from the get go).

Of course, I gave it my own little twist by adding another dimension to the look (you'll see in the photos below), changing the shape up a little bit so it's not as round at the top, and extending the line in the corner a little bit longer.




Products Used:

Revlon PhotoReady Foundation - 005 Natural Beige
Revlon PhotoReady Concealer - 003 Light Medium
Lancôme Star Bronzer - Éclat Bronze
Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner - True Black
NYX Cosmetics Jumbo Eye Pencil - Black
Eyeko Graffiti Eye Pencil - Jet Black
NYX Cosmetics 10 Color Palette - Velvet Rope (black w/ red-violet glitter eyeshadow)
Joe Fresh Matte Lipstick - Poppy


The most complicated part about this look was definitely getting the shape down for the eyes. I used Clinique's cream liner to trace out the shape, NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil to fill in all the gaps (including the upper and lower waterline), and Eyeko's Graffiti Eye Pencil to make the points as precise as I could. To top off the eye look, I patted a black eyeshadow with red-violet glitter shot through on the lids. 








Hope you guys like this look!




* This is a pre-written post queued up for today, as I am currently on a month-long trip. Please do still leave a comment, I will be checking in once in a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails