September 30, 2011

Monthly Favourites - September 2011


Goodbye, September! Hello, October!

As I'm writing this, I am trying not to think about the stresses of work and packing for a month long trip (what makeup will I bring?!); but as you're reading this, I am currently thousands of feet in the air, cramped in a flying tin machine, not enjoying the scent of stale air and coffee. Can you tell I'm not much into flying? I'm really not... I might change my mind about it if I get to experience First Class, though :p. But enough whining! And really, why should I? I get to go to the Philippines for a month! #Hurrah

*Yes, I just used a hashtag. Don't judge me.

Well, you know the drill; this is the part where I tell you my September Favourites. Here we go!


1. Urban Decay Naked Palette

I can't believe how often I am using this palette! Typically I become a bit gung-ho about palettes and then I get tired of it... Not so with this one (at least not yet :p). It just goes to show how absolutely wearable these shades are because I've been using it nearly every single day since I purchased it in July.  My favourite combination is Sin all over the lid, Naked & Buck to contour the socket, and Virgin to highlight the inner corners and the brow bone (topped off with black eyeliner, of course). I've also taken to using Sidecar as opposed to Sin for more oomph. But my absolute favourite shade is probably Hustle, which is described by Urban Decay as a "mocha shimmer." It's such a gooorgeous shade!


2. Cargo Blush - Mendocino


This blush came with Cargo's Mediterranean Collection, which I purchased last month and it's my favourite piece in the collection. Cargo describes it as a "wildflower pink with a gold sheen" and it's absolutely lovely. It came out in the Summer, but it's totally wearable in the the Fall and Winter, as you can see from the swatch above. The texture is pretty soft and applies quite smoothly on the skin. The only thing is, I wish that it would last longer on the skin. I find that the shade is noticeably diminished after blotting. Although, the packaging is so lightweight, that it's no trouble bringing it with you in your handbag for quick touch ups.


3. MAC Blush - Feeling Flush


This has been my other blush of choice and has been featured in my Monthly Favourites list a before. It's a lovely blue-toned pink that I can actually pull off. The best thing about this blush is that it's pretty long wearing. I'll definitely be bringing this with me on vacation because I need something that's going to keep up with me.


4. eos Lip Balms - Honeysuckle Honeydew & Summer Fruit

I've been wanting to try these lip balms ever since I first saw them on a YouTube video. How cute are they? The formula isn't as thick as my favourite lip balm, Nivea Milk & Honey, but it still does a decent job of moisturizing my dry lips. It's not useful when my lips get really dry, but they're handy when my lips are behaving. The packaging is an adorable egg shape and clicks shut very securely. The flavours I got are Honeysuckle Honeydew and Summer Fruit; both smell lovely and both have a hint of a sweet taste. I love using this under lipstick, it keeps my lips from drying up throughout the day. 


5. Eyeko Graffiti Eyeliner Pen - Jet Black


Jet black, applies easily and smoothly, and absolutely long-lasting... Seriously, this stuff doesn't budge, even in the heat and even without primer. I haven't yet used any liquid eyeliner this good. The felt tip makes it super easy to create a thin line at the edges, too; which is something that I definitely need help with :p.


6. MAC Blot Powder - Medium Dark

I love how this powder just blends into the skin so smoothly. I've been using this after a quick blot with blotting paper and it leaves me looking so much fresher and more put together. It doesn't add any coverage though, which is a shame because I could definitely use a bit after blotting. Still, it feels lovely on the skin and makes me look and feel so much better! Because as oilier skinned gals know, it does not feel good!


7. NYX Eyeshadow - Root Beer


I love this colour so much, I bought it 3 times. 

"3 times?!" You ask? 

Yeah... Turns out, I'm really bad at de-potting. I bought one at IMATS Vancouver, ruined it while de-potting, bought one online, ruined that de-potting and finally was able to buy it at NYX's store in Surrey. Needless to say, I didn't even attempt to de-pot this one. Root Beer is a lovely taupey-brown shade that was absolutely welcome in my "stash" because I've been indulging in way too many brights lately. The texture is very soft and very easy to blend. Because it's so soft, it creates a lot of excess powder; even so, there is very little fall out. I've been loving applying this along the lash line after my usual Naked Palette combo's for a softer look. 


8. MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick - Bare Again


This has been my go-to lipstick in September. Bare Again is a lovely pinky-nude, MLBB shade that is completely versatile. It's appropriate for work but you can still rock with a smoky eye. I love the creamy texture and the fact that it doesn't dry out my lips at all. Seriously, the texture is amazing; it's such a pleasure to wear.


9. The Body Shop Lotion - Mango Whip

UH-MAY-ZING scent! It sinks into the skin really nicely, leaving behind soft, amazing smelling skin. I've been using this lotion religiously since I first bought it because it's light and doesn't take forever to absorb into the skin. And have I mentioned the scent? I have? Ok, fine...





What are your favourite products of September?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails