April 5, 2011

All About Eyes - The Tropics





Products Used:
Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Palette - Sunset (shimmery yellow & orange)
Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Palette - Circus (matte blue & shimmery pink)
L'oréal - Telescopic Precision Liquid Liner
L'oréal - Voluminous Mascara


Goodness, this look was done months ago (January 9th, to be exact) and I almost forgot about it! I remember at the time that the weather was beyond cold and I was dreaming of warmer weather and brighter colours. That's how this look came about, basically.

To start off, I packed on a shimmery yellow colour all over the lid with a eye shading brush. Then with an angled shading brush, I applied the orange eyeshadow along the crease. Next, I took a pencil brush and applied the shimmery pink eyeshadow along the lower lash line and up to the outer corner of the eyelid, making sure to blend it with the yellow and the orange. Then with a fluffy brush, I applied some matte blue eyeshadow softly along the brow bone, but not all the way to the brows. This was just to diffuse the harsh line of the orange eyeshadow.

Now comes the tricky part, at least for me. I'm not really a fan of the L'oréal Telescopic Liner (find out why) but I wanted the kind of finish it gives me for this look. So I very slowly lined my upper and lower lash lines making sure to extend the line in the inner & outer corners and flicking the upper line. It's a bit hard for my clumsy hands to get a fine point, but I did my best :p. For the finishing touch, I used a matte black eyeshadow to softly fill in any gaps in my brows and applied 2-3 coats of mascara.









Hope you like it :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails