September 9, 2010

MAC - Lap of Luxury Lipglass


So last week, my super-awesome brother and I were bumming around the mall and I decided to take a look at the Fabulous Felines collection up close. Unfortunately for me and fortunately for my bank account, I was pretty underwhelmed by this collection. 

A lesson I've learned with MAC collections so far: Think counter-intuitively. For example, when I first saw promo shots of In The Groove and Fabulous Felines, I thought I would want to buy everything. But seeing products up close, I noticed it really wasn't all it was hyped up to be. That being said, I thought Venomous Villains (which I always want to call Villainous Villains) would be boring but after seeing the product photos, I realize I want more than I thought I would. But I'll hold out all opinion til I actually see the products. 

Whoa, tangent and a half. Anyway, my super-awesome brother decided he was gonna buy me something from the collection (how super-awesome of him!) and I chose the Lap of Luxury lipglass from the Palace Pedigreed line. 


This colour is so gorgeous ("dark eggplant with pearl"), absolutely perfect for fall. It's a statement lip colour though, so if you're afraid of darker lips, you might want to stay away from this. But if you're comfortable with bold lips, go for it! I honestly can't think of any type of skin colouring that Lap of Luxury won't compliment in some way. Also, this colour is totally buildable; if you want something less bold, just apply lightly. 

My only gripe is, as you can see from the photo above, the pigment tends to migrate into lines. If you don't have as many lines as me, then you won't have this problem (also, I envy you). However, I found it was only noticeable when photographed; if I'm just looking at my lips, the colour is quite even. It's also majorly glossy and tacky so if that's not your thing, stay away. 

But overall, I'm so so happy with this lipglass. I have a feeling I'll be rocking this on the lips a lot this fall!





Have you purchased anything from the 
Fabulous Felines collection?




5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, so so pretty!
    Love it :D

    http://lovelaughlauren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this would make a great fall lip colour

    love!

    roxy
    http://roxybeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lauren - it is!

    @Roxy - absolutely! i plan on wearing it lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got one too!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails